Friday, July 21, 2006

In response to Sam and Christine

Hello all--glad to see we've got things off and running. This experiment just might prove fruitful.

In response to the two "real" questions posed thus far:

1. Yes, Sam--it should be possible for you to actually post, instead of just making comments. However, as you all know, I don't trust anyone--especially not you-all in general. So for the time being, I'm content to let you post comments, which should be more than sufficient for our purposes. If such a time should arise that I can have enough faith in your collectively integrities to allow you to have the necessary login information to actually post more formal and extensive discussion topics, I will do so. But let's not rush our progress, hm? One thing at a time.

2. Well, Christine, that's an excellent question. And what do YOU think it means? ;-) (You should know by now I'm not giving anything away that easily!) Feel free to discuss amongst yourselves.

My apologies for not having responded sooner--I do check for comments frequently, but with the house in such a violent state of disarray, actually sitting down at the computer is physically challenging. But we're finally to the "painting stage" of renovation, which means my office will soon be complete, and the computer will have a permanent home at last.

So keep reading, and thinking, and (hopefully) posting.

Talk to you all again soon--

LAZ

1 Comments:

Blogger christinew said...

I agree with Sadaf about Gloucester and I think the same applies to Edgar. With his father about to commit suicide, he has either forgotten or disregarded the act of being Tom.

To Jacob -- I went through the scenes again and I'm just as puzzled as you. Edgar just calls Gloucester "father" a few times, including once by the "cliff," like you said. In addition, Gloucester never calls Gloucester "son" for the remainder of the play, only "sir." Hmm...

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home