Dear Joseph, I know you always tell me to be tough, but my guilty conscience is getting to me. I entered into your service with the full belief that I would be helping the cause; the most noble cause the world has seen. But I did not foresee the things that you intended to do, or intended me to do. And I wish I could just turn a blind eye to the unethical means which we use to achieve our desired ends, but I'm not like you in that way. I cannot ignore my conscience. Right from the start I should have seen it. The murder of Vladimir just went too far. And now you want me to commit the same crime against my old friend, Leon? He is not a threat; he resides literally on the other side of the world. Please do not make me do this--I beg you, just afford me this one favor. Remember, Joseph, I'm your friend.
I remain in the hospital ward, free of digging and my mind is enabled further than it has been in years. The letters are captivating. One of the nurses has befriended me, Kathy. Her son attends the college, and she brings it's daily newspaper each day. Therefore I'm up to date on the happenings of the dig, one day later than everyone else, but it's still more than without the news at all. They have almost finished excavating the entire cellar. It was full of many odds and ends: bottles, buttons, and old shoe. The chest seems to be the main component as of yet, but they have no idea what treasures it once contained. I try to savor the letters, reading them slowly, one at a time, trying to predict what the next response may be. My ham and cheese sandwhich and jello are about to arrive, the monotonous schedule of hospital life allows for such perfect timing.
To my eldest friend Leon: Excuse this prolonged hiatus of communication. I believe you understand the nature of our work: no news is good news. Unfortunately today, I write requesting your presence in the field (please call to mind the location and names for which we once in established an unbreakable code). I have faithful men reporting to me that you have established yourself in a line of construction where you superiors honor you consistency and good behavior. This is all well and good, but how much longer will we let the machine run us? Time is being wasted, and while you have seen to forgotten, it’s the same men who employ you that own you. The clocks that pass the time second to second, minute to minute, hour to hour, day to day, year to year are theirs. I am afraid that you have been gone too long from the other men and it is the absence (not the truth) that has caused you to stray from the cause. Come join the other men and I, who wished for freedom beyond the rigid rules that fence us like cattle. With your good record, I don’t see why your superiors would deny a transfer my part of the world. The cause cannot lose you, because the cause is you. All for one and one for all. Please come as soon as possible for a job is waiting. For the sake of our brethren I pray you make haste. – Joseph
to be used perhaps after a rejection of Mikhails removal or something or somenoe finds out about the expiriment....
Memo to: Mr. Harlem From: Security
This morning a gate was found with severe tampering, though the intruder was not sucessful and it remained locked. Security cameras picked up two forms at about 3 A.M., after which it was deactivated.
All locks are being replaced. The gaurds have been alerted and are acting in code orange.
Sorry i haven't posted at all inthe story, but after reading it I'm not sure exactly where it is goin as in the hopefulness of the character Laz created? It's really good so far but I want to bring the story around to some sort of conclusion because we are in the final days. Does any one have ideas about how we can do this?
I agree, this story needs to get to a point or at least a plot. Although zombie infestation, or mutants attacking is interesting I think we need some direction. Since we have an institution set up with abusive treatments, similar to Laz's character, right now the stories are somewhat parallel. Laz's character is intelligent, hard working and in prison. We need to think of what his character actually needs besides a key to escape. Maybe morality, or a sense of purpose? Since laz's character is frequently digging we could tie in a quest type thing to find something that's buried. Maybe the journals he is reading are remnants of a past era that has been forgotten or hidden. Laz's character doesn’t have a reason for being in jail so we could always tie him to the incident and this is evidence that gets him out or exposes some great government conspiracy. These are just some options of how we can tie the two together. Maybe we could make the stories connect on an emotional level like the letters give Laz’s character the will to go on or the sense that although his work may seem trivial it will prove worthwhile in the long run. Ideas? Maybe? We need something
i'm confused. When did Elizabeth visit Mikhail?? And since when does he get to leave on a bus.. isn't he in an institution? And didn't Elizabeth want Mikhail to leave, and not to stay, and to help him, not trap him in a plan???
9 Comments:
(Brendan's team-Aviva):
Dear Joseph,
I know you always tell me to be tough, but my guilty conscience is getting to me. I entered into your service with the full belief that I would be helping the cause; the most noble cause the world has seen. But I did not foresee the things that you intended to do, or intended me to do. And I wish I could just turn a blind eye to the unethical means which we use to achieve our desired ends, but I'm not like you in that way. I cannot ignore my conscience. Right from the start I should have seen it. The murder of Vladimir just went too far. And now you want me to commit the same crime against my old friend, Leon? He is not a threat; he resides literally on the other side of the world. Please do not make me do this--I beg you, just afford me this one favor. Remember, Joseph, I'm your friend.
Mikhail
DOES THIS MAKE SENSE!?!?!?!?!
Dear Journal,
I remain in the hospital ward, free of digging and my mind is enabled further than it has been in years. The letters are captivating. One of the nurses has befriended me, Kathy. Her son attends the college, and she brings it's daily newspaper each day. Therefore I'm up to date on the happenings of the dig, one day later than everyone else, but it's still more than without the news at all. They have almost finished excavating the entire cellar. It was full of many odds and ends: bottles, buttons, and old shoe. The chest seems to be the main component as of yet, but they have no idea what treasures it once contained. I try to savor the letters, reading them slowly, one at a time, trying to predict what the next response may be. My ham and cheese sandwhich and jello are about to arrive, the monotonous schedule of hospital life allows for such perfect timing.
P
what should we name the convict guy?
To my eldest friend Leon:
Excuse this prolonged hiatus of communication. I believe you understand the nature of our work: no news is good news. Unfortunately today, I write requesting your presence in the field (please call to mind the location and names for which we once in established an unbreakable code). I have faithful men reporting to me that you have established yourself in a line of construction where you superiors honor you consistency and good behavior. This is all well and good, but how much longer will we let the machine run us? Time is being wasted, and while you have seen to forgotten, it’s the same men who employ you that own you. The clocks that pass the time second to second, minute to minute, hour to hour, day to day, year to year are theirs. I am afraid that you have been gone too long from the other men and it is the absence (not the truth) that has caused you to stray from the cause. Come join the other men and I, who wished for freedom beyond the rigid rules that fence us like cattle. With your good record, I don’t see why your superiors would deny a transfer my part of the world. The cause cannot lose you, because the cause is you. All for one and one for all. Please come as soon as possible for a job is waiting.
For the sake of our brethren I pray you make haste.
– Joseph
hey carolyn- this is just for discussion... our actually story is on the post below... just so you know. :)
poop
to be used perhaps after a rejection of Mikhails removal or something or somenoe finds out about the expiriment....
Memo to: Mr. Harlem
From: Security
This morning a gate was found with severe tampering, though the intruder was not sucessful and it remained locked. Security cameras picked up two forms at about 3 A.M., after which it was deactivated.
All locks are being replaced. The gaurds have been alerted and are acting in code orange.
Joey Giazza
Head of Security
- CHARLOTTE
Sorry i haven't posted at all inthe story, but after reading it I'm not sure exactly where it is goin as in the hopefulness of the character Laz created? It's really good so far but I want to bring the story around to some sort of conclusion because we are in the final days. Does any one have ideas about how we can do this?
I agree, this story needs to get to a point or at least a plot. Although zombie infestation, or mutants attacking is interesting I think we need some direction. Since we have an institution set up with abusive treatments, similar to Laz's character, right now the stories are somewhat parallel. Laz's character is intelligent, hard working and in prison. We need to think of what his character actually needs besides a key to escape. Maybe morality, or a sense of purpose? Since laz's character is frequently digging we could tie in a quest type thing to find something that's buried. Maybe the journals he is reading are remnants of a past era that has been forgotten or hidden. Laz's character doesn’t have a reason for being in jail so we could always tie him to the incident and this is evidence that gets him out or exposes some great government conspiracy. These are just some options of how we can tie the two together. Maybe we could make the stories connect on an emotional level like the letters give Laz’s character the will to go on or the sense that although his work may seem trivial it will prove worthwhile in the long run. Ideas? Maybe? We need something
Nick
i'm confused. When did Elizabeth visit Mikhail?? And since when does he get to leave on a bus.. isn't he in an institution? And didn't Elizabeth want Mikhail to leave, and not to stay, and to help him, not trap him in a plan???
Post a Comment
<< Home