LOTR-a-thon UPDATE
Oh, my seniors! I come with news:
All three classes have spoken, with the vast majority of those interested in attending our little gathering in favor of June 10th, starting at 11:00 AM. We shall therefore call this date and time CONFIRMED.
Still outstanding is the question of LOCATION. Samantha P. has made the offer of her home; I only await parental confirmation of the acceptability of this offer. Upon recept of confirmation, if there are no other official hosting offers put forward, I will consider this choice as confirmed.
Once location is set, the official signup list will be presented to all classes. At that point, I will also ask the classes to choose where in LOTR they would like to begin reading. Remember that everyone attending the reading must come prepared with their OWN copy of the text--no sharing allowed.
That is all for now--enjoy the long weekend. At some point as you rejoice in the warmth of almost-summer, remember those who have fallen in the service of our country--this weekend is for them, after all.
LAZ
All three classes have spoken, with the vast majority of those interested in attending our little gathering in favor of June 10th, starting at 11:00 AM. We shall therefore call this date and time CONFIRMED.
Still outstanding is the question of LOCATION. Samantha P. has made the offer of her home; I only await parental confirmation of the acceptability of this offer. Upon recept of confirmation, if there are no other official hosting offers put forward, I will consider this choice as confirmed.
Once location is set, the official signup list will be presented to all classes. At that point, I will also ask the classes to choose where in LOTR they would like to begin reading. Remember that everyone attending the reading must come prepared with their OWN copy of the text--no sharing allowed.
That is all for now--enjoy the long weekend. At some point as you rejoice in the warmth of almost-summer, remember those who have fallen in the service of our country--this weekend is for them, after all.
LAZ

1 Comments:
speaking of Lord of the Rings brings to mind the mythic heroic archetype. Not sure if you tune into the History channel much Laz, but they just aired a 2 hour documentary on Star Wars basically discussing how it fulfills the mythic heroic archetype. Yeah, it was pretty much the stuff you brought up when we were talking about Beowulf (and apparently the same thing you taught the junior classes as well). Not sure if your big into Star Wars, but it was pretty interesting...
Post a Comment
<< Home